As Celestron’s new premiere line of performance-level field binoculars, the Regal ED Flat Field Binoculars are designed with the most selective of all binocular users in mind: birders. From their vivid, true-to-life color resolution, expansive fields of view for ease of locating fast moving objects, and 4.9 foot close focus distance to get an even closer look when a subject suddenly pops out of the bushes and right on the trail in front of you, the Regal ED binoculars provide everything needed for the most selective of binocular users – which ensures that they’re up to the challenge across a wide-range of other activities.
Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass virtually eliminates chromatic aberration, also known as color fringing, a distracting visual effect produced when different wavelengths of light disperse while transiting optical lenses. By reducing dispersion, the Regal ED binoculars provide images with outstanding, true-to-life color. But not all ED binoculars are created equal. Celestron’s high quality ED glass objective lenses deliver visibly brighter, sharper images compared to non-ED binoculars. The difference is especially apparent in low light conditions, such as at dawn or dusk.
In addition to using ED glass, the Regal features flat field optical technology that counter-balances the normal visual field curvature convex lenses naturally show, delivering an expansive linear image all the way to the edges of the field of view.
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) objective lenses provide high resolution, high contrast images that are virtually free of optical defects such as chromatic aberration (color fringing)
- Flat field technology ensures level, edge-to-edge image clarity
- Fully multi-coated optics deliver maximum light transmission throughout the optical path.
- Phase and dielectric coated BaK-4 prisms produce vivid, true-to-life colors.
- Eyeglass friendly – generous eye relief and sturdy, twist-up eyecups with multiple stops
- Well-balanced, ergonomic industrial design
- 4.9’ close focus