The dG is the first long-range optical device to allow you to identify and document your sightings and share them with other people, learn more about birds and wildlife as you observe using the Merlin Bird ID app.
The Merlin app’s main function is to identify more than 5,000 bird species worldwide, when you take a photo, it is transferred directly to the Merlin app. The Swarovski Optik dG mammals app identifies nearly 100 of the most common mammals in Europe.
Share your discoveries with others. An intergrated WiFi hotspot allows several of your companions to follow your sightings by livestream, you can also share your adventures on sociial networks with friends and the worldwide community.
The full potential of the dG is unlocked when you link it to your smartphone. You need the SWAROVSKI OPTIK dG app to connect your dG to mobile devices. It also allows you to connect to apps like Merlin Bird ID and dG Mammals, which help you to identify and share your sightings. This app is available for all current smartphones from the App Store and Google Play.
USB-C 2.0 charging cable, dG field bag, dG carrying strap, eyepiece cover, operating instructions, cleaning cloth, quick guide
- Magnification 8x
- Effective objective lens diameter 25mm
- Exit pupil diameter 3.1mm
- Eye relief 17mm)
- Field of view (ft/1000 yds / m/1000 m) 357 ft / 119 m
- Field of view (degrees) 6.8
- Field of view for eyeglass wearers (degrees) 6.8
- Field of view, apparent (degrees) 52
- Shortest focusing distance (ft / m) 8.2 ft / 2.5 m
- Dioptric compensation (dpt) ± 4
- Functional temperature +14 °F to +131 °F (-10 °C / +50 °C)
- Storage temperature -22 °F to +158 °F (-30 °C / +70 °C)
- Camera resolution (effective) 13MP (4192 x 3104 px)
- Video resolution HD 1280 x 720 px / VGA 640 x 480 px
- Battery Li-Ion 2600 mAhBattery
- Operating system for app (from version) iOS 11 Android 5.0 Interface
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN)