Launched in August 2020, the Diamondback HD spotting scopes have been completely redesigned to take on the “family look” of the Viper HD and Razor HD ‘scopes and optically upgraded to feature HD glass and bigger objective lenses for improved clarity and brightness of the image. A helical/barrel focus wheel allows for a sleeker design and a more rugged construction and new zoom eyepieces give a notable increase of up to 20% field of view with their respective 16-48x zoom on the new 65mm HD models and 20-60x zoom on the new 85mm HD models.
The new rugged aluminium chassis has all-over full-body protective rubber armouring and the scopes have Argon gas purging to prevent internal fogging and are fully waterproof. The external lenses have Armortek hardened coatings and all feature a built-in sunshade and rotating tripod mount.
All of the new Diamondback HD scopes come complete with protective eyepiece and objective lens covers, a Neoprene Stay-on-Scope case and are of course covered by the Vortex Unlimited Lifetime Warranty.
- HD Lens Elements Optimized optical system delivers impressive resolution, cuts chromatic aberration and provides excellent colour fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission – resulting in High Definition views.
- XR Lens Coatings Vortex proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Dielectric Prism Coatings Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, colour-accurate images.
- Porro Prism Offers maximum image quality and performance in a traditional design.
- Angled Body Design Valued for allowing an overall lower mounting height which maximizes stability in wind, offers greater comfort when viewing for extended
- periods, and permits the use of a smaller, lighter tripod.
- Waterproof Optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the spotting scope.
- Fogproof Argon gas purging guarantees superior fogproof and waterproof performance.
- ArmorTek Exterior lenses are protected by ArmorTek — an ultrahard, scratch-resistant compound that repels oil, dirt and the corrosive salts of fingerprints.
- Rubber Armour The all-over rubber armouring protects the exterior of your scope.
- Adjustable Eyecup Twists up and down to precise ‘click-stop’ settings for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.
- Helical / Barrel Focus New Dual geared focus system allows for fast yet precise adjustments.
- Sunshade Reduces glare and shields the objective lens from raindrops and snow.
- Rotating Tripod Collar Allows rotation of the eyepiece to a sideways position—most useful for viewing through an angled spotting scope body on a car window mount.
- Magnification – 16-48 x
- Objective Lens Diameter – 65 mm
- Linear Field of View – 138-72 feet/1000 yards
- Angular Field Of View – 2.63-1.38 degrees
- Close Focus – 5m / 16.4 feet
- Eye Relief – 20.3mm – 18.3mm
- Exit Pupil – 4mm – 1.35mm
Download Vortex Diamondback HD Spotting Scopes Specifications >